Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Lincoln

Lincoln turned 4 years old today. Even though he had his Lego birthday party last weekend, he still celebrated tonight by playing with his new lego toys and having some yummy cake.

When Lincoln was just 1 year old, he came to live with us in Idaho. He learned to walk and talk while he lived with us. We all bonded during this time, and Lincoln especially got along with Freckles. They used to cuddle together and Freckles has been really good with kids ever since then.

Lincoln has always been very intelligent. He has an excellent vocabulary, is very inquisitive and has an amazing sense of direction. Even before he could talk, Lincoln would point at landmarks like his Daycare and Mcdonalds as we drove past them in the car. Even now, he gives Grandma & Grandpa Tutu directions on how to get home in his subdivision when they go on walks.

Lincoln also has an impressive memory. Last year when he stayed with us, I read him a story about dolphins and he loved it so he made me read it to him everyday. By the end of the week, he started reciting the story back to me, it was so cute!

On a different occasion, he had probably overheard us talking about "Inkom" and he noticed an "I" on the mountain. We were driving and he yelled out, "Look Aunt Natalee, theres an 'I' up there on the mountain--'I' is for Inkom".
 Lincoln loves his baby brother, Logan. We know as they get older they will play more with each other.
 
 This summer, I was asking Lincoln something, and he said "no, I'm not Lincoln, I'm Nephew Lincoln." He made me call him "Nephew" Lincoln, because I make him call me "Aunt Natalee". So funny!
 This is Lincoln at the "Museum of Clean". Pictures from this photo session are going to be used in the Museum brochure, and have been featured in local newspapers this month as the Museum prepares for its opening.

 Lincoln splashing in Grandma Tutu's big bathtub.
 Lincoln and Cousin Erica play together well.
 Lincoln & Daddy at the Museum of Musical instruments in AZ.
 Grandma Tutu says that Lincoln is "precocious, bright and sunny, and he runs really super fast".
 We love you Lincoln and we hope you have a wonderful birthday!

No comments: