Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Jennifer!

Jennifer's birthday is June 1st, and we wanted to do a special blog post just to celebrate her!

As you may already know, Jennifer definitely loves cats. Her family always had kitties when she was growing up, and thats where she learned to really love them.
She is very sweet and nurturing to her cats--she has about 5 nicknames for each one-- but she is also not afraid to discipline them if they do something naughty like jumping up on the kitchen counter.
Jennifer captioned this photo with "My Cute Boys". Seems like JJ fits right in! :)
We always knew Jennifer would be an excellent mother by how well she takes care of her kitties. When I was living with J.J. and Jennifer in D.C., I learned to love cats too by seeing how much joy and entertainment they brought to the house. It wasn't long before I got Freckles.

We all know that Jennifer is dang smart--she graduated in actuarial science from BYU. For those of us who might be less smart, lets just call actuarial science "statistics". When I was living in Utah, I had to take a statistics course online and I was terrified. Jennifer was so gracious that she let me come over to her and J.J.'s house every Thursday night (sometimes even more often than that) and she would tutor me until it got really late. Jennifer was so extremely patient and willing to work with me--sometimes I still can't believe she did that. I would not have passed that class without her help. During those long hours of doing homework, I feel like Jennifer and I bonded and became friends, so I'm glad we had that time together.
Some things you may not know about Jennifer....
*She is very conscientious--it seems like she always sends Thank You cards right away
*She is a movie buff--just try to find a movie that Jennifer doesn't know about
*She was a dancer and a cheerleader in high school
*She loves to travel--England, Barbados, St. Lucia....and of course, Pocatello
*She is an avid reader--I've seen her tear through a 750 page Harry Potter book in like 1 day
*She loves to decorate her house--especially for Halloween!
We are glad you're a part of our family Jennifer! You can definitely hold your own with the movie quotes, and you've taken good care of J.J. too. You are already a wonderful Mommy to Nolan, and we know you'll continue to grow into your new position with flying colors.
We hope you have a fabulous birthday and we love you!!

2 comments:

J.J. Phillips said...

Thank you Natalee!! I LOVED tutoring you in Statistics! It was fun to study and then watch Thursday night TV with you. Sometimes I feel like my major was such a waste, but it gave me JJ and my study-time bonding with you, so I guess it wasn't totally useless. Maybe I can use it to tutor Nolan someday too. I definitely prefer my current "job" to being an actuary! Love you!!

Annie said...

Happy birthday, Jennifer! Though I did know that you were smart and a good mommy to the kitties, I had no idea you were a cheerleader and dancer. Very cool! Hope you had a good day with your boys!