Friday, April 1, 2011

Nat's New Hair



I decided to cut my hair because it is finally over 40 degrees in Idaho and it felt like time for a summer haircut! My hair had gotten really long and I was wearing it up every single day so it was time for a change.


I decided to donate my hair to locks of love. I have done this a few times in the past. Its nice that I can do something good with this hair that grows super fast.

This is how much hair they cut off. The two ponytails in the middle are from the front of my hair and the longer two on the outside are from the back. Its funny how much healthier the hair in the back was.
And this is the finished product! This might be the shortest I've ever had it. My hairdresser was sweet and super excited. She was down to document the whole experience by taking these pictures. Sorry they are from my phone or they would be better.
Its definitely more grown up, but I like it. It will take some getting used to. Actually having to blow dry it and stuff will be annoying, but it will also take me like 10 minutes instead of 45. I'm glad I did it!


8 comments:

Brittany H. said...

A-mazing!! I loooove it!

Annie said...

I love it! I didn't realize your hair was so long. You're so brave for cutting it off. I think you look so cute!

Reed said...

It's a new U! I think it is a great change from the pictures. Did Freckles recognize you when you came home?

Rick and Eden said...

I LOVE it!! It is so sassy and cute. I'm so happy for you. It will take getting used to but it fits you well. Can't wait to see it in person soon!

Dangcutekids said...

It turned out darling! You are so brave. Way to go. I think it's a fabulous cut for you, good choice!

Freckles Phillips said...

Thanks everybody!! It was a little scary this morning not being able to pull my hair into a ponytail... but I'll get used to it. : )

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Holy crap you have a lot of hair. I just measured mine for Locks of Love and I'm only at 7 inches. Can't wait any longer. I'm going in for the cut next week.

Heather said...

Oh my cuteness it is adorable! Love, love, love. Heath