Thursday, April 14, 2011

Never a Dull Moment...

Sometimes I worry that I won't have anything to blog about. However, life keeps providing me with lots of material--so I shouldn't worry because it seems that there is never a dull moment!
For example, this morning when I woke up I noticed a little slip of paper under my windshield wiper. At first I thought "dang advertisements. why should I have to recycle when these people can just waste paper". Then, when I saw that the paper was from the police department, I thought "oh great. i can't believe i got ticket. what did I do this time?".
But, the paper just had a phone number and it said "contact me for accident report". I didn't get into an accident, did I? I walked around my car and didn't see anything wrong....until I got to the back and saw this...The bumper is literally just dangling off the left side of the car.
My tail light and break light were shattered, and glass was spread all over the street by my house.
The whole side is actually dented in, almost as high as my window! Its a little hard to tell in these pictures, but the car that hit me was definitely a big one to be able to do that much damage.
I know its hard to tell from these pictures but my car is jacked up. I talked to the police, but a report can't be officially released for like 3 days. They said it was called in as a hit and run, and that it happened at 3:15 in the morning which makes me think we will never find out who did this. I talked to the insurance people, who said that if we can find out who did it then we can hold them liable, but otherwise it has to come out of my pocket. How can people just hit a car and drive away?? Seriously?!

6 comments:

Rick and Eden said...

Sorry that happened. What a crappy thing to deal with. I wonder if there are video camera's anywhere downtown that would capture something or a car with damage at that time.

Freckles Phillips said...

Actually, yeah. I have this crazy neighbor who has a video camera in her apt because she likes to keep an eye on everyone. In this instance I'm actually glad for her insanity! :)

Brittany H. said...

:( Lame! (And yes, I still blog stalk your family...)

Kathie said...

That stinks! So sorry. Our car had two hit and runs in the same week. One of them was at the Hopkins parking lot and we got the surveillance camera and caught him. We didn't get so lucky on the second hit.

Reed said...

Gee Ryan this car is starting to get expensive for no fault of your own. If you were here in SA with me you wouldn't even worry about a few dents and scraps - everyone has them.

Dad

Freckles Phillips said...

Thanks everybody!
@Brittany--I love that you stalk us. I stalk you guys too!! Lol.
@Kathie--You're lucky to have caught that first guy. But yes, hit and runs are no fun!
@Dad--this is my car, not Ryans! If I were in SA w/ you I wouldn't even need a car!

Update: we found the people. a guy was driving, he had felony warrants and now he's in jail. the lady was the owner of the car and got cited for leaving the scene and for not having current insurance. I hope this wont become a huge hassle, but I have a feeling it will be.