Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nat's "Tea Party"--an actual tea party, not the political kind. ;)

Its been snowing in Idaho--yes SNOWING--in late April. We needed something to warm our hearts, so we got totally excited for the Royal Wedding!
I decided to throw an English tea party to celebrate the occasion. We had scones, english toffee, "Queen Anne" chocolates, herbal tea and hot chocolate. We also had little chicken salad sandwiches, shrimp, fresh fruit and poundcake. It was a fun girls night!
(Mom was also excited to see my apartment for the first time since I finished decorating it. This is my living room. The camping chair is not part of the redecoration. Hahah.)

We were inspired by Kate Middleton's hats...
We learned that these hats are called "fascinators"...
We set up a little craft station, using glue guns to make our own fascinators out of pipe cleaners, feathers, rhinestones and ribbon! Mom chose red, white, and blue to represent the British colors.
Suzanne, Barbara, Nat and Mom. Thanks for coming over ladies!
(This is on my couch in my living room...we are all squished in there, hence the awkward pose.)

4 comments:

Rick and Eden said...

What a fun night! I'm impressed with the hats you made. Not sure I like the idea of snow in late April though. What's that about!?

Brittany H. said...

So fun! Love the idea of making hats--Natalee, we could TOTALLY bring that fashion to America! Let's rock it!! :) Miss you, girl.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Looks fun. Wish I could have been there, especially for the chocolate.

Freckles Phillips said...

@Eden-- I wish I could say I'm surprised but in Idaho, it could snow any season, any month, any day, any minute.
@Brittany--I'm SO on board! I've been wearing headbands as a nod to the style this week, but lets just go all-out!! I know you could pull it off! I miss you too!
@Nancee--The chocolates were english toffee and cherry cordial...not sure they would be your first choices.